Rules: You are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you.
1. I am the first person in my family that was born in the US. My family is from Argentina and came to the US in 1969. My Sister was 10 and my brother was 6. I was born in Seattle two years later. My grandparents on my dad’s side came to Argentina from Sicily and my mother’s family came to Argentina from Spain. The only other family I have here is my cousin Chiqui who lives in Idaho and my cousin Claudia who lives in Texas. (Both cousins married American missionaries bringing them to the USA) My brother’s daughter Sarah and my daughter Lindsay are the only other American born in our family.
2. My favorite color is Pink
3. I LOVE to scrapbook, especially with my friends. We get together once a month and scrap for a straight 12 hours. I love it! I scrap every chance I get.
4. I love to travel and would love to see more of the world. When I was 12 I visited Argentina for 3 months, and in High school I visited Spain for a month. I’ve also been all over the US. My favorite city is New York. I was a teenager when I visited there and stayed for a month while my sister was living in Queens. The food was amazing/Little Italy and the shopping was great! I’ve been up in the Twin Towers and saw the amazing view from there.
5. I’m a single mom and I love every aspect of being a mom. I have an amazing daughter, she makes my job easy.
6. Jesus Christ is my Savior. He gives me my hope. Because of Him I have a deeper sense of peace and joy. Knowing Him personally has given me strength and security and given me a deep love for him and everyone that I have been privileged to know throughout my life. My favorite chapter in the Bible is Psalm 139.
7. I work at a Hospital in the ER as an Administrative Assistant.
8. My all time favorite music group is ABBA. Lindsay loves them too! I’ve had her listening to their music all of her life. When she was little, she and I would dance around the room to the likes of Dancing Queen. I can still envision holding her in my arms and dancing around and her giggling and eyes sparkling. I can thank my sister Myriam for my love for them. In the 70s she bought their record album (I still have it!) and she and I would lie on her bed and sing their songs for hours. The words were printed out on the record sleeve. I love my sister!
9. I love old movies and old TV shows. Audrey Hepburn movies, The Quiet Man, I love Lucy, too many to name, but I LOVE to watch movies. All kinds, especially Chick Flicks and comedies and musicals. I host a chick flick night at my house once a month with about 8-10 ladies and we cook dinner together, gab and then watch a movie. It’s a great time!
10. I love tea. I love having tea time. I was raised with tea time. After school I’d come home and my cup of tea would be waiting for me. I had a wonderful mom, she always had the kettle on and some kind of home baked goodie made.
11. As a teen I wanted to go to college to be a Psychologist. Instead I ended up going to a community college for Hospitality and Tourism, never finished and then years later I returned to the same college and got my degree as an Admin Assistant with a certificate in Bookkeeping.
12. I used to work at the Puget Sound Baptist Association. Working there hugely impacted my life. I was truly blessed to have been a part of that ministry. I thank God for the friendships I made and the wonderful people God brought into my life.
13. I’m a night owl, I HATE getting up early. Yuk. I get up at 5:45am every morning and grumble every time. I’m so ungrateful at that hour.
14. I love to cook. I’m not that good at it, but I love it and I love to have people over
15. I love getting to know people one on one. I’m pretty shy in large groups and the thought of getting up in front of a group of people makes me physically ill. I much prefer an intimate setting, this is my comfort zone.
16. I’m addicted to American Idol
17. I love reading People magazine. Who knows why? I think it’s because I love getting to know people. It’s the psychologist in me. Either that or I’m just nosy.
18. I secretly dream of singing in front of people, but would rather die than actually do it. (I can sing in front of Lindsay, I can be myself completely in front of her. We are definitely two peas in a pod. She’s the outgoing pea.)
19. I love chocolate
20. I LOVE going to the movies. I wasn’t allowed to go as a child or as a young teen. My mother was super strict and about this for some reason. My sister was 12 years older than me and she used to sneak me to the movies all the time.... ;) I have vivid memories of seeing 101 Dalmatians, then later all the 80s break dancing movies, then the Karate Kids movies. I still LOVE going. Oh the thrill of a new movie!
21. In the seventh grade I was in love with Michael Jackson
22. I used to work in a nursing home as an activity aide.
23. I love playing card games with friends like Hand and Foot. Fun!
24. I love listening to Lindsay play the piano
25. I would love to learn to speak Italian fluently
Christmas Letter Cookies – Four Ways
5 days ago