Monday, March 2, 2009

The Bondage of Busyness

Time and time again I find myself bound to a very busy schedule. Just when I think I’ve eliminated a few things and I can spend more time at home, I turn around and two more things have been added in place of the ones I had given up.

A friend of mine recently said to me “we all need to 'live' more! I don’t mean be busier, I mean be more excited about things!”

I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this concept! It’s so simple, yet so difficult to do sometimes. (We live as if there are never enough hours in the day and the weekends are always too short) I’d like to make it a goal of mine to “live” more in the timeframe I've been given by being purposeful in finding things to be excited about. I don’t think it’s very realistic to think life will ever slow down, but if my outlook is definitively more focused on what God is blessing me with, I'd be able to say that I really enjoyed those moments throughout the day more and “lived” more in those times, so when I look back at the calendar and see the crazy schedule, I can still feel at peace and not feel as tho I might have missed out on something due to being so busy.

1 comment:

  1. My mom always told me not to wish the days away or hurry my life. I have certainly learned now what she meant. God often speaks to me when I slow my "hurrying" and listen for His voice. Every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before.

    ReplyDelete