Monday, March 9, 2009

Couponing

Thanks to a very dear friend of mine, I have re-discovered the world of clipping coupons and all of the different fun ways there are to save money. Forever I have used the excuse that I just don't have time to mess with it. Tonight I saved a bundle of money and not only that, but I came away with quite a few free things and money back, it was very exciting to see the results! I am definitely going to make it a priority from now on to be much more purposeful in the way I spend my money. Over time I've gotten way to carefree in my spending habits. My desire is to get back to the place of financial responsibilty that goes beyond just getting the bills paid. Being frugal and wisely investing the financial gifts that the Lord abundantly blesses me with, that I so often take for granted and throw away so frivolously. I am excited to see the results and blessings that will come from being more aware of what I have and being obedient to God with my finances.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we tend to get away from things from time to time and marvel at how wonderful they were when we get back to them. For years and years I used multiple coupons, rebates, etc. but in the last few years I have had to weigh the time factor against the savings factor. It is nice when I can get the kids involved. I tend to forget simple things, too, like the fact that Walmart matches competitors coupons. At least they used to, but can't say if they do that now. You'll have to share your couponing tips with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will! One that I've recently learned is that Walgreens will take manufactures coupons as well as their own. Therefore, if they have a coupon for shampoo making the cost only 99cents, and you have a manufactures coupon for $1 off for that same shampoo, they will take it and you actually get back 1 cent! I had 4 coupons and got two bottles of the shampoo and 2 conditioners and got back 4 cents. I only paid for tax! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is great. No, I did not know about Walgreens. I used to actually go to multiple stores, but now I do so much running around with transporting kids from activity to activity that it takes some of the fun out of shopping.

    ReplyDelete